Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Patchwork Christmas Tree Skirt


On Sunday I realized that my Christmas tree was lacking a skirt. I looked online for something simple and was inspired by an image I found featuring simple patchwork. I found a great tutorial and adjusted the size to fit my needs.


I couldn't wait to use a small fat quarter bundle of Christmasy fabrics I had purchased at my LQS in August. I don't know the makers of the fabrics, but I love the gentle metallics and the darker greens and reds mixed with blue.


I quilted it in a mix of straight and curvy lines, added a binding of dark emerald green batik, and was pleased at how quickly it all came together.


I debated putting ties on the opening, but my husband suggested buttons instead. I thought that was an excellent idea, so I added a couple of loops from the binding fabric and sewed on some pretty buttons.


Now our gifts don't look quite so lonely.


I'm linking this to Amanda's Finish It Up Friday and to Lily's Quilts Small Blog Meet

10 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Your tree skirt looks fabulous! Have a lovely Christmas and best wishes for the New Year! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine - merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! and I love the blue lights too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Christmas tree skirt! Love the curvy quilting. Looks fabulous under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The curvy quilting really adds to your tree skirt. It is the perfect addition around your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda:
    I came over from Lily's. I want to invite you to my quilting blog and giveaway:http://quiltingranny.blogspot.com/2015/01/new-years-giveawayscissors-holders.html

    ReplyDelete